POSITION SUMMARY: This position provides operational and administrative support to the production manager, the shop supervisor, the safety director and other departments as needed. The person in this position will assist in the processes and procedures involved in operating a multi-functional team within the mechanical and industrial industries. Office space is located in a shop environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
To perform this position successfully, the production assistant must perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These functions are representative, but not all-inclusive, of what is necessary to succeed in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions.
- Data collection, data entry, report generation and organize files
- Take meeting notes and type up minutes to share with participants
- Assist with weekly production schedule and processing of employee timecards
- Use the Jonas software system to generate Labor Variance Reports, Purchase Orders and other items as requested
- Weekly Time Cards – print and review for accuracy per the union contract
- Materials Vending Machines – work with vendors to ensure enough stock
- Manage Random Drug Testing paperwork and ensure employees take drugs tests on time and at the correct locations
- Union Term Notices – complete, scan and email notices to union halls and internal departments
- Weld Certifications – update continuity reports and send to local union
- Weekly Variance Reports – monitor and bookmark
- Charge-outs – inventory material, track waste
- Complete weekly Safety Hours Spreadsheet
- Coordinate FOCUS (safety newsletter) – track articles, enter into Publisher template, upload to portal
- Weekly Tool Box Talks – work with Safety Director for topics, upload to portal, track participation
- Assist with Annual Safety Days
- Order production apparel for employees
- Record production, review and maintain accurate records
- Pick up and return items from warehouse
- Modify and maintain documents critical to production
- Respond to inquiries from production team and other departments within the company
- Perform any special assignments, additional projects, or other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High School diploma or GED Equivalent
- Prior experience in mechanical, industrial or construction industry preferred
- Good analytical, mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of computers, email, spreadsheets and internet resources
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of good safety practices a plus
- Above average interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Proven track record of demonstrating strong initiative on a regular basis
- Proven track record of excellent attendance
- Highly motivated, known as the person who gets things done!
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, employee will be exposed to both office and shop conditions. Office conditions will include usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, reports and files. Employee will be constantly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, hear, and type/write. Employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision and will involve visual scanning between computer screen and data/documentation.
Shop conditions will include exposure to an environment with various machines and equipment, requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses (and other safety gear). While in or near production areas, employee will be required to walk, stand, climb (ladders), lift and carry materials, talk, hear and see. Quick visual and physical responses are necessary.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level or difficulty.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Hourly, Non-Exempt
BENEFITS: Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 401k plan; Health Savings Account; Paid Vacation & PTO; Paid Holidays; Discretionary Bonus Plan.
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter & resume to Kelly Winters at [email protected]
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.