JOB SUMMARY: This position provides operational and administrative support to the production department for our crews in Marinette (shipyard and warehouse), while also having cross functional responsibilities in areas such as human resources. The person in this position will perform a variety of clerical and administrative tasks involved in operating a versatile team within the mechanical and industrial industries.
WHAT YOU WILL DO REGULARLY:
To perform this position successfully, the production assistant must perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These functions are representative, but not all-inclusive, of what is necessary to succeed in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions.
- Cover front desk during open business hours
- Assist with weekly production schedule
- Use company software system to generate Labor Variance Reports, Purchase Orders and other items as requested
- Weekly Time Cards – print and review for accuracy; submit to payroll
- Work with vendors to ensure sufficient stock in the materials vending machines
- Assist with recruitment of pre-apprentices and warehouse candidates (review resumes for qualifications per training from HR Manager, coordinate interviews with HR, schedule new hires)
- Coordinate drug testing process – coordinate paperwork and ensure job applicants / employees take drugs tests on time and at the correct locations
- Coordinate new hire orientation including MMC orientation and HMI safety training
- Assist new hires with insurance (and 401k when relevant) paperwork; Submit completed documents to HR
- Maintain accurate production records; Track production orders, hours worked, etc.
- Weld Certifications – update reports and send to local union
- Weekly Variance Reports – monitor and bookmark
- Charge-outs – inventory material, track waste
- Manage time efficiently, proactively asks for more work during downtimes, completes tasks on time
- Demonstrate above average communication skills
- Calm under pressure, maintains an even demeanor and exhibits a positive outlook with the team
- Assist with organization and logistics of annual Safety Days in Marinette
- Perform any special assignments, additional projects, or other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position as required
OUR EXPECTATIONS OF YOU:
- High School diploma or GED Equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proven track record of good attendance, punctuality and ability to work required schedule
- Self-motivated and ambitious – will offer assistance without being asked
- Friendly, helpful and energetic
- Able to juggle multiple priorities at once and deal well with interruptions
- Calm and clear headed under pressure; Able to successfully manage frustrations
- Thick skinned and able to handle corrective feedback without taking it personally
- Prior experience in mechanical, industrial or construction industry preferred
- Good analytical, mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of good safety practices a plus
- Above average interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to respond well to constructive criticism and able to work independently on projects and tasks
- Enthusiasm, strong character and teamwork
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THIS POSITION: (The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, employee will be exposed to both office and production conditions. Office conditions will include usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, reports and files. Employee will be constantly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, hear, and type/write. Employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision and will involve visual scanning between computer screen and data/documentation.
Production conditions will include exposure to an environment with various machines and equipment, requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses (and other safety gear). While in or near production areas, employee will be required to walk, stand, climb (ladders), lift and carry materials, talk, hear and see. Quick visual and physical responses are necessary.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level or difficulty.
WHAT WE WILL OFFER YOU: We will offer you a competitive starting rate and a benefit package to include health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. Also includes vacation, PTO and holiday pay. 401k plan and Discretionary Bonuses included.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to enhancing the diversity of our people, ideas and talents. We welcome all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or age. Applications from members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.