POSITION SUMMARY: The Administrative Support Specialist will provide support to internal teams such as the Estimating, Sales and Operations department as needed, as well as being the primary receptionist. The Administrative Support Specialist will be primary on greeting and assisting visitors in a friendly and professional manner. Expectations include the ability to multi-task at a professional level, even under times of high stress.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIILITES: To perform this position successfully, the following responsibilities must be performed satisfactorily. These functions are representative, but not all-inclusive, of what is necessary to succeed in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions. The following responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Estimating & Sales Support Duties:
- Download plans/specs/addendums
- Upload plans/specs/addendums to Bidtracer
- Run Monday sales reports and meetings
- Take notes during weekly sales meetings
- Order bid bonds and obtain signatures from President/Secretary
- Fill out bid forms (PDF)
- Complete all pre-qualifications
- Archive previously bid projects into internal computer drive
- Update Bidtracer with all quotes
- Deliver bids (when necessary)
- Maintain license to bid in other states
- Assist with sales write-ups and pre-qualifications
Additional Administrative Support Duties:
- Primary person to answer the incoming HMI phone calls and transfer those calls as needed
- Maintain a cheerful and professional demeanor on the phone and with HMI visitors
- Open and sort daily mail/packages
- Keep copier room and supply storage area neat and orderly
- Maintain and order office supplies and enter purchase orders
- Maintain the company calendar in Outlook including reserving conference room, updating employee vacations and off-site activities, as well as on-site guests
- Assist with employee communications by email and postal mail
- Special projects, both short & long term, as needed for various departments within the company
- Kitchen clean-up at end of day
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Relevant associate degree OR equivalent work experience preferred
- Proven track record of good attendance, punctuality and ability to work required schedule
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of Publisher and Adobe Creative Suite preferred, but not required (will train)
- Calm and clear headed under pressure; Ability to successfully manage frustrations
- Advanced interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ambitious – will offer assistance without being asked
- Ability to speak up when something is wrong and be able to do so in a civil and professional manner
- Quick thinking and quick learner
- Thick skinned and able to handle corrective feedback without taking it personally
- Able to juggle multiple priorities at once and deal well with interruptions
- Friendly, helpful and energetic
- Self-motivated, adaptable and efficient
(The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, employee will be exposed to both office and shop conditions. Office conditions will include usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, reports and files. Employee will be constantly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, hear, and type/write. Employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision and will involve visual scanning between computer screen and data/documentation.
Shop conditions may include occasional exposure to an environment with various machines and equipment, requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses (and other safety gear). While in or near production areas, employee will need to exhibit quick visual and physical responses as necessary.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Hourly, Non-Exempt
BENEFITS: Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 401k plan; Health Savings Account; Paid Vacation & PTO; Paid Holidays.
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter & resume to Jamee Schleis at [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.