POSITION SUMMARY: The BIM Coordinator/Revit Modeler performs technical tasks in REVIT and AutoCAD software, and is responsible for incorporating virtual construction techniques on projects. This position will act primarily as the coordinator for BIM components on projects including modeling, coordination meetings with other trades, and supporting project managers/teams. Overall, this position creates, obtains, evaluates, coordinates and distributes 3-dimensional building information models (BIM) and 2D Drawings for use by estimators, project managers, installation crews, and other team members.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this position successfully, the following responsibilities must be performed satisfactorily. These functions are representative, but not all-inclusive, of what is necessary to succeed in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions. The following responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist in developing standards for BIM and its use within planning, estimating, operations, and business development.
- Provide BIM related solutions through hands-on direct work to solve a variety of technical problems.
- Create detailed field installation drawings and fabrication drawings.
- Coordinate and detail plumbing and HVAC systems.
- Help generate sales revenues by scheduling and performing design software demonstrations and solutions, either electronically or onsite at customer locations.
- Contribute to growth by providing ongoing customer contact and providing reports or information as needed.
- Coordinate, manage and manipulate models created by customers, prospects, subcontractors, and consultants.
- Share your ideas & participate in the development of best practices in design. Actively seek ways to continuously improve HMI services, technical documentation, and support.
- Perform or assist with departmental operations as required to maintain work flow and to meet production schedules.
- Continually learn and apply new skills and stay atop BIM trends and developments.
- Document best practices and customer standards.
- Work on special assignments, additional projects, or other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Degree in (or in the process of obtaining) mechanical engineering, architectural drafting, construction management, or similar field
- Working knowledge of BIM / CAD, MEP software and has experience using 3D model programs
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Revit
- Experience in software such as NavisWorks, Trimble SysQue, Stratus, etc.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, and scopes of work
- Detail oriented, precise, and efficient
- Ability to maintain a friendly and courteous demeanor even under stressful situations
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Creative mind, passion for details, and dedication to finding customer solutions
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience using 3D scanning equipment and software
- Experience using Trimble SysQue for Duct, Pipe, and Hanger Fabrication Modeling
- Experience using GTP Stratus Software
- Experience using Trimble Total Station field robot and placing control points in 3D model
(The physical demands described are representative, but not all inclusive, of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, employee will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, reports and files. Employee will be constantly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, see and type/write. Employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision and will involve visual scanning between computer screen and data/documentation.
The performance of this position may include exposure to shop and/or job-site construction conditions. This may include exposure to environments with various machines and equipment, requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, hearing protection and other safety gear. While on or near work sites, employee may be required to walk, stand, climb (ladders), see, hear and talk. Quick visual and physical responses to changing work site conditions are necessary.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level or difficulty.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Salary, Exempt
BENEFITS: Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 401k plan; Health Savings Account; Paid Vacation & PTO; Paid Holidays; Discretionary Bonus Plan.
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter & resume to Jamee Schleis at [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.