WHAT OUR EMPLOYEES LIKE ABOUT WORKING AT HURCKMAN MECHANICAL:
- “Small enough that I know everyone”
- “Willingness of people to help each other with even small things”
- “Knowledgeable field personnel, have the manpower to deliver”
- “Owner that is involved in the business and talks to employees on a personal level”
- “Laughter in the workplace makes it a great place to work”
- “Love the cookouts & occasional outings – always a nice time to get together outside of work”
- “Friendly, welcoming people”
A QUICK SUMMARY OF THIS POSITION:
The BIM Coordinator/Revit Modeler performs technical tasks in REVIT and AutoCAD software, and is responsible for incorporating virtual construction techniques on projects. This position will act primarily as the coordinator for BIM components on projects including modeling, coordination meetings with other trades, and supporting project managers/teams. Overall, this position creates, obtains, evaluates, coordinates and distributes 3-dimensional building information models (BIM) for use by estimators, project managers, installation crews, and other team members.
HERE’S WHAT WE’LL TRUST YOU WITH:
To perform this position successfully, the employee must perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These functions are representative, but not all-inclusive, of what is necessary to succeed in this position.
- Assist in developing standards for BIM and its use within planning, estimating, operations, and business development.
- Provide BIM related solutions through hands-on direct work to solve a variety of technical problems.
- Create detailed field installation drawings and fabrication drawings.
- Coordinate and detail plumbing and HVAC systems.
- Help generate sales revenues by scheduling and performing design software demonstrations and solutions, either electronically or onsite at customer locations.
- Contribute to growth by providing ongoing customer contact and providing reports or information as needed.
- Coordinate, manage and manipulate models created by customers, prospects, subcontractors, and consultants.
- Share your ideas & participate in the development of best practices in design. Actively seek ways to continuously improve HMI services, technical documentation, and support.
- Perform or assist with departmental operations as required to maintain work flow and to meet production schedules.
- Continually learn and apply new skills and stay atop BIM trends and developments.
- Document best practices and customer standards.
- Work on special assignments, additional projects, or other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Degree in (or in the process of obtaining) mechanical engineering, architectural drafting, construction management, or similar field
- Working knowledge of Autodesk Revit
- Experience in software such as NavisWorks, BIM360 Glue, etc.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, and scopes of work
- Detail oriented, precise, and efficient
- Ability to maintain a friendly and courteous demeanor even under stressful situations
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Creative mind, passion for details, and dedication to finding customer solutions
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
PREFERRED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- Experience using ACORN software for piping
- Experience in modeling mechanical and plumbing systems
- Experience using 3D scanning equipment and software
A FEW PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
(The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, employee will be exposed to both office and shop conditions. Office conditions will include usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, reports and files. Employee will be constantly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, hear, and type/write. Employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Employee must also occasionally be required to use 3D scanning equipment which will require the ability to lift 50 pounds, climb stairs/ladders, be comfortable with heights and working around industrial equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision and will involve visual scanning between computer screen and data/documentation.
Shop conditions will include occasional exposure to an environment with various machines and equipment, requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses (and other safety gear). While in or near production areas, employee will need to exhibit quick visual and physical responses as necessary.
We offer a competitive salary based on your qualifications, along with a full benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance as well as a Health Savings Account. Additional benefits include 401k plan, Vacation pay, PTO & Holiday pay as well as a discretionary year-end bonus.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to enhancing the diversity of our people, ideas and talents. We welcome all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or age. Applications from members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please email resume to Kelly Winters, HR Manager, at [email protected]