Your skills are highly sought!
You have choices of where to work!
How do you decide?
Let us tell you about Hurckman Mechanical. We offer you unique office space in a new building added to the Hurckman property just last year. The BIM department is growth oriented and highly valued. We’d love to introduce you to the BIM team and discuss your future here at the company!
POSITION SUMMARY: Using virtual construction software, develop detailed design drawings that are used to support shop fabrication and field installation of construction projects. These projects include HVAC/R, Process Piping, Plumbing and Sheet Metal Ductwork.
HOW TO APPLY: Email resume to Kelly Winters at [email protected] Feel free to call with any questions: 920-615-1807.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include but not limited to:
- Assist in developing standards for BIM and its use within planning, estimating, operations and business development.
- Provide BIM related solutions, through hands-on direct work, to solve a variety of technical problems.
- Create 2D and 3D phasing and logistics plans from contract documents and based on potential solutions to construction challenges.
- Prepare plan sections, detail drawings, create spool sheets, bill of materials, etc.
- Create detailed field installation drawings and fabrication drawings
- Coordinate and detail HVAC systems
- Field measure and develop system installations and modifications
- Produce accurate “As-Built” drawings from field mark-ups
- Design drawings based on written and verbal descriptions from design engineers
- Coordinate and work closely with other departments on design, layout and detailed components and systems to resolve design issues or installation constraints
- Prioritize projects carefully and be able to switch gears and adjust schedules as needed
QUALIFICATIONS include but not limited to:
- Degree in Architectural Drafting, Construction Management or similar field with knowledge of current CAD and BIM platforms
- 2+ years’ experience in Trades in field installation or shop fabrication highly valued
- SYSQUE Experience preferred
- Experience with Process Piping
- ACORN experience preferred
- AutoCAD, Revit, 360 Glue, NavisWorks, Bluebeam
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications and scopes of work
- Strong communication and organization skills required
- Able to handle multi-tasking and setting priorities
- Highly motivated, proactive and have good follow through
- Positive attitude and sense of teamwork
JOB TYPE: Full-time, Exempt
BENEFITS INCUDE: Full benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; Health Savings Account; 401k; Vacation, PTO & Holiday pay; Discretionary annual bonus; Flexible working environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS include but not limited to: While performing the duties of this job, employee will be exposed to office, shop and field conditions. This position requires the ability to safely maneuver around construction sites, machinery, equipment and office furniture; see, hear, and verbally communicate with co-workers and clients. Essential and marginal functions will require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting, walking, standing and climbing ladders. Applicant must be able to travel to jobsites located in and out of Brown County. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to apply, interview for and perform essential functions of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, disability, or age, in compliance with federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.