POSITION SUMMARY: Trouble shoot, repair, maintain and install commercial and industrial HVAC and related equipment in a timely high- quality manner to meet customer and company expectations and promises.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this position successfully, the following responsibilities must be performed satisfactorily. These functions are representative, but not all-inclusive, of what is necessary to succeed in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions. The following responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work on Industrial and Commercial equipment confidentially and skillfully
- In a positive manner, take direction from dispatchers regarding work assignments, customer requests, and more.
- Travel to job sites in service area and transport a variety of tools, equipment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials required at job site
- Perform routine and preventive maintenance tasks
- Be available to work nights or weekends, on a rotating basis, to service emergency needs for our customers
- Maintain good working order of company vehicle, as well as tools and equipment as to keep them in good condition
- Inspect and install HVAC systems and their components; diagnose and repair any needs or problems
- Complete all required paperwork on time and without complaint, including but not limited to weekly time cards, work reports, etc.
- Work with team regarding procedures and/or status of work orders
- Review and interpret highly technical information and write technical material
- Participate in meetings, workshops, training and seminars, as required to perform job functions
- Prepare written materials to document or convey information
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in company vehicle
- Fabricate equipment parts for the purpose of meeting specialty needs and/or replacing unavailable parts.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum age 18 years.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and need to be approved by HMI insurance company to drive company vehicles.
- Must be a skilled trades journeyman or have equivalent background (at least 5 years of experience working with large industrial and commercial HVAC systems and equipment)
- Have functioning knowledge of motor controls and electrical troubleshooting skills
- Comfortable with technology such as iPads and Smart Phones
- Excellent attitude, open to new ideas, progressive thinker
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Physically able to climb ladders, scaffolds, access rooftops, enter restricted areas (air handlers, ducts and confined spaces) for first hand observation and inspection.
- Flexibility to work weekends or overtime as needed, including but not limited to, on-call rotation schedule
- Team player able to adapt to changing work priorities, and working with constant interruptions
- Physical ability to climb, crawl, lift heavy items and work in a variety of environments, including indoor/outdoor, hot/cold weather, confined spaces, heights, etc.
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter & resume to Jamee Schleis at [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.