POSITION SUMMARY: This position will seek out new Preventative Maintenance (PM) opportunities and quote those opportunities in order to gain new business. This position is also responsible for small / minor HVAC service repair quotes as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
To perform this position successfully, the production assistant must perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These functions are representative, but not all-inclusive, of what is necessary to succeed in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions.
- Sell service and preventative maintenance contracts for HVAC mechanical systems
- Achieve sales goals set by the Service Manager
- Through networking, referrals, industry organizations and marketing, continue to grow our service region through high quality, lasting relationships with customers and prospects
- Identify opportunities to bid service agreements, HVAC Replacements, HVAC Add Ons, and Design-build projects
- Estimate and price service agreements
- Appraise and inventory mechanical systems and equipment to determine maintenance needs
- Identify, target and qualify new customers
- Follow-up on all leads and track dates and contacts / decision makers, along with details about the conversations pertaining to those leads
- Maintain database records in HMI software (Sales Tracer)
- Prepare and present proposals to prospects and customers
- Complete all required administrative responsibilities in a timely manner, utilizing assistance from the company admin when available
- Work with the entire HMI team to deliver total customer satisfaction
- Travel locally with occasional overnight trips
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. and access construction job sites including from a ladder as needed
- Perform any special assignments, additional projects, or other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- College Degree in related field OR equivalent work experience
- Prior commercial and/or industrial sales experience in the mechanical and HVAC industries
- Familiarity with mechanical plans and specifications
- Proven negotiation and communication skills
- Working knowledge of smart phones, computers, MS Office, email and internet resources
- Proven skills in lead generation and sales
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, employee will be exposed to both office and shop conditions. Office conditions will include usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, reports and files. Employee will be constantly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, hear, and type/write. Employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision and will involve visual scanning between computer screen and data/documentation.
Shop conditions will include exposure to an environment with various machines and equipment, requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses (and other safety gear). While in or near production areas, employee will be required to walk, stand, climb (ladders), lift and carry materials, talk, hear and see. Quick visual and physical responses are necessary.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level or difficulty.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Exempt
BENEFITS: Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 401k plan; Health Savings Account; Paid Vacation & PTO; Paid Holidays; Discretionary Bonus Plan.
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter & resume to Kelly Winters at [email protected]
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.