HVAC/Mechanical Estimator – Mid to Senior Level
Located in Green Bay
Develop cost estimates for design/build and plan & spec jobs. Apply your industry experience to HMI’s estimating processes to accurately match anticipated cost to project scope.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Take off piping systems, duct systems, equipment, and miscellaneous material with estimating software, to develop estimated labor and material costs
- Review and understand plans and specifications.
- Review documents and identify project bid requirements, scope of work, critical schedule and sequences, non-standard work conditions, cost impacts, material and equipment data, safety and compliance requirements, risk management and special requirements.
- Understand pipe and duct details, system sizing/calculations/capacities; equipment selections, best piping and design practices, design and coordination drawings, code compliance and related design data.
- Will be trained on internal software used to estimate projects.
- Prepare proposal and/or bid submittal documents for plan and spec projects and assist with design/build documents.
- Facilitate hand off of project and estimate information to a Project Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum two-year technical college degree in mechanical systems OR similar work experience.
- An understanding of HVAC systems including ventilation, boilers, chillers, etc.
- Prior estimating experience highly preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Excel and Word), email and internet resources
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Physical ability to access job sites, with the types of accommodations available on construction sites.