INDUSTRIAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE
VP OF INDUSTRIAL SALES
JUNE 3, 2020
POSITION SUMMARY:The scope of this job would include, but not be limited to, developing and maintaining business by providing mechanical solutions for industrial and commercial prospects and customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
To perform this position successfully, the industrial account representative must perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These functions are representative, but not all-inclusive, of what is necessary to succeed in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions.
- Adhere to all current safety protocol as defined by customers and/or HMI policies
- Meet or exceed individual sales goals as defined by the company
- Field sketch Industrial applications and work with engineering and estimation on pricing to develop a quote
- Review potential piping projects with current and prospective customers
- Pursue potential leads for new customers
- Facilitate and troubleshoot the problems and challenges associated with complex piping projects
- Consistently update and utilize Sales Tracer, which is HMI’s CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system. This supports sales management, strengthens team communications, and helps you keep track of your customer calls and actions.
- Develop new ways to expand HMI’s presence in the industry
- Represent HMI at Trade and Industry Shows
- Hand off successful quotes and assist project management in getting the jobs started
- Offer insight to production and operations on reasons for successes and losses
- Help create and maintain consistent, profitable and competitive pricing structures
- Build high-quality, lasting relationships with customers and prospects
- Work closely with general contractors, construction managers, owners and end-users
- Keep an eye on market conditions and competitor services and sales
- Must be willing and able to travel for client specific needs
- Have a good understanding of business fundamentals and explain technical solutions in layman’s terms
- Work with the entire HMI team to deliver total customer satisfaction
- Keep current on local business trends, company and competitive activities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- 10+ years of field related experience
- Possible backgrounds that will be considered: HVAC, Plumbing, Piping, Fabrication, Electro- Mechanical and/or Engineering.
- Ability to sell mechanical contracting services with knowledge of the above
- Project management skillspreferred
- Ability to maintain professional interactions while creating business relationships with customers
- Strong work ethic
- Working knowledge of computers, MS Office, email and internet resources
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (people skills)
- Enthusiasm, strong character, initiative, creativity, leadership, teamwork, professionalism, and a strong desire for personal growth are important attributes for the individual in this position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, employee will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, reports and files. Employee will be constantly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, hear, and type/write. Employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision and will involve visual scanning between computer screen and data/documentation.
The performance of this position will require exposure to various construction and job-site areas which requires use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses (and other safety gear). While on or near work sites, employee will be required to walk, stand, climb (ladders), lift and carry materials up to 45 pounds, talk, hear and see. Quick visual and physical responses to changing work site conditions are necessary.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level or difficulty.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Competitive and rewarding compensation package is negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter & resume to Kelly Winters, HR Manager, at [email protected].
HMI is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to enhancing the diversity of our people, ideas and talents. We welcome all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or age. Applications from members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.