POSITION SUMMARY: With your knowledge of the Mechanical Trades, you will oversee mechanical and construction projects from conception to completion. You will be able to develop solutions for HMI customers related to their mechanical, piping and/or HVAC problems and must give instructions to staff on how to implement those solutions. Project manager will be responsible for keeping all projects on-time, and on budget.
To be successful in this role you must be able to develop and manage mechanical construction projects through effective communication, client relations, negotiation, scheduling, tracking, document control, and forecasting of costs and profitability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this position successfully, the following responsibilities must be performed satisfactorily. These functions are representative, but not all-inclusive, of what is necessary to succeed in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions. The following responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Engage with the engineering and production teams throughout the project, coordinating and assisting in the development of project requirements, statements of work, drawings, cost estimates, requests for information, technical evaluations, and other project related documents as required by the contract.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining project schedules; coordinating design reviews, negotiation, and award of assigned projects.
- Serve as the design and construction liaison with the owners as required.
- Ensure projects meet validated requirements.
- Track and manage budgets for assigned projects.
- Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Manage costs, billings, and collections. Complete project billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintain profitability goals and positive cash flow.
- Maintain current project data for assigned projects and prepares project status reports as needed.
- Manage projects during construction, coordinating and directing subcontractors, inspectors, and contract office personnel.
- Attend all project-related construction meetings.
- Assist in solving problems that arise during construction, and the preparation of contract related documents required during construction such as responses to requests for information and change orders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Prior field experience as a pipefitter, sheet metal worker or plumber is ideal.
- Degree in related field would add value but is not necessary.
- 3+ years of project management experience related to construction, mechanical contracting and/or design.
- Skill in working with construction documents related to mechanical and piping systems (drawings, dimensions, and technical specifications).
- Excellent technical knowledge – Able to “talk the talk” and “walk the walk” in the mechanical contracting industry.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Physical ability to access construction job sites, including some climbing, crawling or other body movements necessary to inspect HVAC systems, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – a sense of diplomacy, ability to build trust and rapport, and ability to lead people in such a way that they want to partner with you.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described are representative, but not all inclusive, of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, employee will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, reports and files. Employee will be constantly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, see and type/write. Employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision and will involve visual scanning between computer screen and data/documentation.
The performance of this position may include exposure to shop and/or job-site construction conditions. This may include exposure to environments with various machines and equipment, requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, hearing protection and other safety gear. While on or near work sites, employee may be required to walk, stand, climb (ladders), see, hear and talk. Quick visual and physical responses to changing work site conditions are necessary.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level or difficulty.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Salary, Exempt
WAGE RATE: Competitive, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
BENEFITS: Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 401k plan; Health Savings Account; Paid Vacation & PTO; Paid Holidays.
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter & resume to Jamee Schleis at [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.