POSITION SUMMARY: We are looking for a customer-oriented, motivated individual to join our professional team as a Customer Service/Service Dispatcher at Hurckman Mechanical. You will be responsible for exercising discretion and independent judgement in planning, scheduling, coordinating, controlling, directing activities for the service department, labor hours, and work/purchase order management. This will also entail status updates and communications with all parties involved for service work (sales, staff, customers, accounting, service staff, technicians, and management).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this position successfully, the following responsibilities must be performed satisfactorily. These functions are representative, but not all-inclusive, of what is necessary to succeed in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions. The following responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain positive customer/supervisor contact including inbound/outbound calling and emails including backup receptionist
- Scheduling and dispatching technicians to appropriate locations according to predetermined schedules, customer requests or immediate needs
- Keep and organize work requests, customer/project manager requests, completed work requests charges for work performed, expenses for services performed, inventory records and other information
- Maintain the scheduling calendar and dispatch board
- Ask good questions, build rapport and create a sense of urgency with the customer
- Communicate clearly and efficiently with customers and technicians
- Schedule technicians to complete work orders taking into consideration location, technician’s abilities, and urgency of work orders.
- Adjust the schedule throughout the day to accommodate emergencies and incoming work orders
- Maintain the maintenance agreements using customer files and renewal information
- Partner with accounting to complete timely & accurate billing
- Review technician work orders for accuracy (spelling, grammar, dates, etc.)
- Respond quickly to customer billing questions
- Research and resolve billing discrepancies
- Enter and look over timesheets in Software program
- Run and go thru monthly reports for pending and completed work
- Review, analyze and resolve open work orders to ensure accurate and timely invoicing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Prior background in customer service with prior supervisory or team leader experience preferred
- Mechanically inclined candidates preferred
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Prior dispatch experience helpful but not required
- Some knowledge of HVAC systems helpful but not required if you can learn mechanical information easily
- Above average computer skills and knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Geographical knowledge of service area and map reading skills
- Go-getter, self-motived and goal setter
- Talented at staying cool in stressful situations
- Ability to speak up when something is wrong and do so in a civil, professional manner
- Quick thinking and quick learner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Confident and personable
- Ability to handle fast pace and constant change
- Must be highly reliable and have a proven track record of excellent attendance that can be verified through reference checks
- Must have a passion for progress and growth both personally and for the company
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described are representative, but not all inclusive, of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, employee will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, reports and files. Employee will be constantly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, see and type/write. Employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision and will involve visual scanning between computer screen and data/documentation.
The performance of this position may include exposure to shop and/or job-site construction conditions. This may include exposure to environments with various machines and equipment, requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, hearing protection and other safety gear. While on or near work sites, employee may be required to walk, stand, climb (ladders), see, hear and talk. Quick visual and physical responses to changing work site conditions are necessary.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level or difficulty.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Hourly, Non-Exempt
WAGE RATE: Competitive, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
BENEFITS: Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 401k plan; Health Savings Account; Paid Vacation & PTO; Paid Holidays.
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter & resume to Jamee Schleis at [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.