Your skills are highly sought! You have choices of where to work! How do you decide?
Join our ever-growing team at Hurckman Mechanical as we add this key position. As you decide where you want to work, consider a place where you can watch your career grow.
HOW TO APPLY: Email resume (and cover letter if so inclined) to Kelly Winters at [email protected].
HERE’S HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT: Reporting to the Engineering Department Head, you will be in a lead position that includes helping to direct a small group of BIM team members.
With your engineering degree and skills, you will help develop engineering solutions to complex HVAC system issues for commercial and industrial customers. Additionally, you will use virtual construction software (Revit/AutoCad) to develop detailed design drawings that are used to support shop fabrication and field installation of construction projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WE WILL TRUST YOU WITH:
- Provide mechanical solutions for HVAC systems for our customers
- Develop and manage projects through effective communication, customer relations, scheduling, tracking, document control and forecasting.
- Lead people by providing vision, information, guidance and feedback. Provide clear expectations and accountability. Be willing to discuss team member concerns directly with individuals.
- Ensure that BIM department has necessary tools, resources and training
- Assist in developing standards for BIM and its use within planning, estimating, operations and business development.
- Prepare plan sections, detail drawings, etc.
- Create detailed field installation drawings and fabrication drawings.
- Coordinate and detail HVAC.
- Field measure and develop system installations and modifications.
- Design drawings based on written and verbal descriptions from owner.
- Coordinate and work closely with other departments on design, layout and detailed components and systems to resolve design issues or installation constraints.
- Prioritize projects carefully and be able to switch gears and adjust schedules as needed.
YOUR MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS WILL INCLUDE:
- B.A. in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college
- Licensed in Wisconsin as a Designer of Engineering Systems (or willing to obtain one when eligible)
- 3+ years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years’ experience in HVAC Design
- Prior leadership responsibilities preferred
- Knowledgeable in some or all of the following: AutoCAD, Revit, 360 Glue, NavisWorks, and/or Bluebeam software
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications and scopes of work.
HOW OTHERS WOULD DESCRIBE YOU:
- Advanced interpersonal, communication and organization skills required
- Strong leadership tendencies
- Calm under pressure
- Dependable attendance and eager to hit the ground running
- Willing to put in extra effort based on customer needs
- Ambitious and proactive – will offer assistance without being asked
- Excellent at multi-tasking and setting priorities
- Highly motivated and have good follow through
- Able to juggle multiple priorities at once and deal well with interruptions
- Positive attitude and sense of teamwork
Let us work with you on a compensation package that makes you feel valued! We will offer you a competitive compensation package to include market driven salary plus health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, as well as a Health Savings Account. Also includes vacation, PTO and holiday pay. 401k plan and Discretionary Bonuses included.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to enhancing the diversity of our people, ideas and talents. We welcome all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or age. Applications from members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS include but not limited to: While performing the duties of this job, employee will be exposed to office, shop and field conditions. Must be able to climb stairs every day and the occasional ladder. This position requires the ability to safely maneuver around construction sites, machinery, equipment and office furniture; see, hear, and verbally communicate with co-workers and clients. Essential and marginal functions will require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting, walking, standing and climbing ladders. Applicant must be able to travel to jobsites located in and out of Brown County. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to apply, interview for and perform essential functions of the job.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Range: $75,000-$90,000/year
Masks required; Sanitizer available in common areas; Social distance between work stations.