POSITION SUMMARY: Piping estimator who can competently complete Industrial Estimation tasks and responsibilities. This will involve small to large projects, and may include mentoring more junior estimators or estimators looking to cross train on piping and/or plumbing.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engages with the engineering and production teams throughout the project, coordinating and assisting in the development of project requirements, statements of work, drawings, cost estimates, requests for information, technical evaluations, and other project related documents as required by the contract
- Serves as the design and construction liaison with the owners as required
- Pre-bid meetings
- Schedule material ordering
- Keeps current on relevant codes and industry practices
- Reading and interpreting data from various resources and applying them to the project checking drawings and other documents to contact documents in order to identify appropriate action (i.e. Change Order, RFI, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- 5+ years of experience in mechanical or pipefitter work
- 3+ years of experience in project management related to construction, design, finance and management.
- 3+ years of estimating experience of mechanical systems
- Knowledge of piping systems, mechanical systems, welding, high pressure steam boilers, chillers, reefer systems, process piping systems, etc.
- Have an understanding of how a system works
- Must be able to read and understand schematics and blueprints
- Estimating, budgeting and scheduling experience
- Experience in communicating in a tactful, diplomatic manner while achieving goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of Project Management processes, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of basic construction accounting (job costing), policies and procedures
- Using various computer software, including ability to use the Windows operating system as well as common office software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Self-starter with ability to work with little supervision
- Able to take ownership of the responsibilities to complete quotes
- Able to follow up, follow through, and ask questions as needed
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, employee will be exposed to both office and shop conditions. Office conditions will include usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, reports and files. Employee will be constantly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, hear, and type/write. Employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision and will involve visual scanning between computer screen and data/documentation.
Shop conditions will include exposure to an environment with various machines and equipment, requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses (and other safety gear). While in or near production areas, employee will be required to walk, stand, climb (ladders), lift and carry materials, talk, hear and see. Quick visual and physical responses are necessary.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level or difficulty.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time, Exempt Non-Union
BENEFITS: Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 401k plan; Health Savings Account; Paid Vacation & PTO; Paid Holidays; Discretionary Bonus Plan.
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter & resume to Jamee Schleis at [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.