YOUR JOB SUMMARY:
This is an entry level mechanical insulation position with a lot of growth opportunity, including excellent long term pay and benefits, and the chance at a reputable apprenticeship program. You will be a strong and reliable helper who will learn from the ground up what it takes to be a remarkable insulator.
WHAT YOU WILL DO REGULARLY:
- Assist journeymen / foremen in preparing and completing jobs
- Learn and apply new skills through on-the-job training
- Apply insulating materials and protective coverings for mechanical systems (air ducts, piping, etc.)
- Operate tools of the trade safely and efficiently
- Load, unload and move materials and supplies using proper ergonomics
- Measure, cut, assemble and install material & equipment
- Build and take down scaffold
- Sweep, clean and organize job site
- Learn to read and apply customer drawings and prints
- Perform work from ladders and mechanical lifts
- Follow all safety rules and regulations without exception
OUR EXPECTATIONS OF YOU:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to jobsites located in and outside of Brown County
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug test
- Mechanically inclined
- Excellent attendance record including being punctual and dependable
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Working as a team, adapting to changing work priorities, and working with constant interruptions
- Able to meet the physical demands of the job as indicated below
- Willing and able to work in different weather conditions
YOUR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS WILL INCLUDE:
(The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Must be able to: Stand and walk for long periods of time during a regular work day; use arms and hands to reach for, handle and manipulate objects; regularly lift and carry materials up to 25 pounds unassisted; frequently climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other climbing devices; carry tools and equipment; work while in stooped, kneeling, crouched, and crawling positions; be able to see naturally or with correction, to safely perform designated tasks.
Must be able to: regularly perform assigned tasks under all types of environmental and weather conditions including severe cold, extreme heat, wet or dry weather and high winds. Environmental conditions may include areas where toxic or caustics chemicals or fumes are in use or being stored; HMI provides safety and respiratory gear for these circumstances. Noise intensity level can be high, where HMI provides hearing protection; Close proximity to moving mechanical parts when in or near shops; May be required to operate or work around powder-actuated hand tools. Employee will need to exhibit quick visual and physical responses as necessary. Vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision and will involve visual scanning between computer screen and data/documentation.
YOU WILL BE PROVIDED WITH:
- Hard hat
- Work Gloves
- Eye Protection
- Hearing Protection
- Fall Protection
WHAT WE WILL OFFER YOU: We will offer you a competitive starting rate of $17/hour and a benefit package to include health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. Also includes 401k plan, vacation, PTO and holiday pay.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email cover letter and resume to Khallie LeSage at [email protected].