POSITION SUMMARY: Key components in this role include developing cost estimates for design/build and plan & spec jobs through analyzing blueprints and customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this position successfully, the following responsibilities must be performed satisfactorily. These functions are representative, but not all-inclusive, of what is necessary to succeed in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions. The following responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work required schedule and hours needed to meet deadlines and support efforts of entire estimation team
- Take off plumbing systems, equipment, and materials with estimating software, to develop estimated labor and material costs
- Review and understand plans and specifications
- Review documents and identify project bid requirements, scope of work, critical schedule and sequences, non-standard work conditions, cost impacts, material and equipment data, safety and compliance requirements, risk management and special requirements
- Work on plumbing details, system sizing/calculations/capacities; equipment selections, best piping and design practices, design and coordination drawings, code compliance and related design data
- Will be trained on internal software used to estimate projects
- Prepare proposal and/or bid submittal documents for plan and spec projects and assist with design/build documents
- Facilitate hand off of project and estimate information to a Project Manager
- Attend pre-bid meetings
- Work with contractors on yes bids to gather all information needed to move forward
- Assist project managers with change orders and other budget changes
- Keep current and up to date with computer software updates
- Participate in company training programs and attend authorized external conferences or seminars as required to keep current in company and industry standards and operating procedures
- Perform any special assignments, additional projects, or other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position as required by the executive team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- College degree and/or equivalent work experience
- Prior estimating experience in mechanical contracting preferred but not required
- Working knowledge of computers, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet resources
- Prior experience with Estimation Software preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage multiple responsibilities and utilize time effectively to meet deadlines
- Works well as part of a team and on self-managed projects with little or no supervision
- Willing to take direction in a positive and professional manner
- Attention to detail and meticulous follow through; experience in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Individual with a professional demeanor that seeks excellence in job performance
- Ability to work well with internal and external customers
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described are representative, but not all inclusive, of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, employee will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, reports and files. Employee will be constantly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, see and type/write. Employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision and will involve visual scanning between computer screen and data/documentation.
The performance of this position may include exposure to shop and/or job-site construction conditions. This may include exposure to environments with various machines and equipment, requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, hearing protection and other safety gear. While on or near work sites, employee may be required to walk, stand, climb (ladders), see, hear and talk. Quick visual and physical responses to changing work site conditions are necessary.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level or difficulty.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Salary, Exempt
WAGE RATE: Competitive, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
BENEFITS: Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 401k plan; Health Savings Account; Paid Vacation & PTO; Paid Holidays.
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter & resume to Jamee Schleis at [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.