POSITION SUMMARY: Measure, cut, shape and apply insulating materials to pipes, ductwork and other mechanical systems in commercial and industrial settings.
PRIMARY DUTIES AN RESPONSIBIILITES: To perform this position successfully, employee must perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These functions are representative, but not all-inclusive, of what is necessary to succeed in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions.
- Determine the kind of tools, equipment, and material needed to do a job
- Select appropriate insulation based on heat retaining or excluding characteristics of the material
- Measure, cut and shape insulation materials
- Prepare surfaces for insulation application by brushing or spreading on adhesives or by attaching metal pins to surfaces
- Constantly and consistently work according to the physical requirements of the job, as indicated below under Working Conditions and Physical Demands.
- Apply, remove and repair insulating materials, protective coverings, coatings, and finishes to all types of mechanical systems, including pipes, ductwork, heat exchangers, tanks and vessels as well as around penetrations in all rated wall or floor assemblies to prevent passage of fire, smoke and gases
- Provide direction to crew members, mentor and train new hires, and work with other crafts
- Demonstrate high level of commitment to quality, safety, and productivity
- Sweep, clean and organize jobsites
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in mechanical insulation
- Valid Driver’s License & able to travel to jobsites located in and out of Brown County
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to constantly and consistently work according to the physical requirements of the job, as indicated below under Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Above average knowledge of acceptable construction site practices including OSHA regulations
- Skilled with materials, methods and tools involved in the insulation and draft-stopping of commercial mechanical systems
- Knowledge of acceptable construction site practices including occupational safety and health regulations
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the insulation and draft-stopping of commercial mechanical systems
- Must be comfortable with a high intensity work environment working in hot/cold temperatures, indoors and outdoors.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and over 50 pounds with assistance. Mechanical lifts are available to support heavy lifting as needed.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Work is performed at various jobsites, including but not limited to new construction, hospitals, industrial buildings, chemical, power and wastewater treatment plant, and commercial or institutional buildings. Work is done in buildings, trenches, on roofs or inside tunnels or confined spaces
Must be able to: Constantly stand and/or walk for long periods of time during a regular work day; constantly use arms and hands to reach for, often overhead, to handle and manipulate objects and materials; regularly lift and carry materials weighing 10 to 50 pounds; frequently climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other climbing devices; regularly carry tools and equipment; frequently and repetitively work while in stooped, kneeling, crouched, and crawling positions; regularly work in close quarters and/or confined spaces; be able to see naturally or with correction, to safely perform designated tasks.
Must be able to: regularly perform assigned tasks under all types of environmental and weather conditions including severe cold, extreme heat, wet or dry weather and high winds. Environmental conditions may include areas where toxic or caustics chemicals or fumes are in use or being stored and in these environments, appropriate safety and respiratory gear will be provided. Noise intensity levels can be high, and hearing protection is provided by HMI; Close proximity to moving mechanical parts; Working in high, exposed levels as well as in close, cramped quarters. May be required to operate or work around powder-actuated hand tools such as ram-sets, Hilti-guns, etc.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Hourly, Non-Exempt
BENEFITS: Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 401k plan; Health Savings Account; Paid Vacation & PTO; Paid Holidays.
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter & resume to Jamee Schleis at [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.