POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of journeyman, you will learn the trade of commercial & industrial plumbing (no residential). This involves installation and repairs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this position successfully, the following responsibilities must be performed satisfactorily. These functions are representative, but not all-inclusive, of what is necessary to succeed in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions. The following responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist journeymen and foremen in preparing and completing jobs
- Learn and apply new skills through available on-the-job training
- Use hand and power tools safely to perform work
- Perform work from ladders, mechanical lifts and confined spaces using all required safety measures
- Follow all safety rules and regulations without exception
- Assist with interpretation of blueprints and specifications to map layout for pipes, drainage systems, and other plumbing materials.
- Install pipes and fixtures such as sinks and toilets for water, gas, steam, air or other liquids.
- Install supports for pipes, equipment and fixtures prior to installation
- Dig trenches for new pipeline
- Move materials and supplies using proper ergonomics
- Load and unload vehicles, stack pallets and organize inventory
- Maintain a clean and organized job site
- Learn and apply skills for proper use of equipment and tools
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Prior experience in construction a plus but not required
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Excellent work ethic and attendance record
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate drills / tools of the trade
- Energetic, takes initiative and able to follow instructions
- Must be able to stay on task and be self-motivated
- Physical ability to climb, crawl, lift heavy items and work in a variety of environments, including indoor/outdoor, hot/cold weather, confined spaces, heights, etc. (any necessary safety training will be provided prior to entering these environments)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described are representative, but not all inclusive, of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
The performance of this position may include exposure to shop and/or job-site construction conditions. This may include exposure to environments with various machines and equipment, requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, hearing protection and other safety gear. While on or near work sites, employee may be required to walk, stand, climb (ladders), see, hear and talk. Quick visual and physical responses to changing work site conditions are necessary.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level or difficulty.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Hourly, Non-Exempt
WAGE RATE: Competitive, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter & resume to Jamee Schleis at [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.