POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of journeyman, the Pipefitter Pre-Apprentice responsibilities include various tasks in preparing and completing jobs, helping maintain the cleanliness and safety of the job site and help maintain proper material and supply levels. This is an entry level pipefitter position with a lot of growth opportunity, including excellent long term pay and benefits, and potential for the apprenticeship program. All training is provided on paid time.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this position successfully, the following responsibilities must be performed satisfactorily. These functions are representative, but not all-inclusive, of what is necessary to succeed in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions. The following responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist journeymen and foremen in preparing and completing jobs
- Learn and apply new skills through available on-the-job training
- Operate tools of the trade safely and efficiently
- Move materials and supplies using proper ergonomics
- Follow all safety rules regularly
- Cut, measure, assemble and install material with supervision
- Sweep, clean and organize job site
- Learn how to understand and apply customer drawings and prints
- Load and unload vehicles
- Running paperwork, tools and materials between buildings
- Perform work from ladders and mechanical lifts
- Follow all safety rules and regulations without exception
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug test
- Mechanically inclined
- Excellent attendance record including being punctual and dependable
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Working as a team, adapting to changing work priorities, and working with constant interruptions
- Able to life and carry up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Able to meet the physical demands of the job as indicated below
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described are representative, but not all inclusive, of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, employee will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, reports and files. Employee will be constantly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, see and type/write. Employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision and will involve visual scanning between computer screen and data/documentation.
The performance of this position may include exposure to shop and/or job-site construction conditions. This may include exposure to environments with various machines and equipment, requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, hearing protection and other safety gear. While on or near work sites, employee may be required to walk, stand, climb (ladders), see, hear and talk. Quick visual and physical responses to changing work site conditions are necessary.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level or difficulty.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Hourly, Non-Exempt
WAGE RATE: Competitive, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter & resume to Jamee Schleis at [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.