WE ARE CURRENTLY RECRUITING FOR THIS POSITION WHICH WILL START AFTER THE MANDATORY MASK REQUIREMENT HAS BEEN LIFTED IN THE STATE OF WISCONSIN BY THE GOVERNOR.
HOW TO APPLY: Email resume (and cover letter if so inclined) to Kelly Winters at [email protected]
Entry level position developing cost estimates for design/build and plan & spec jobs through analyzing blueprints and customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
To perform this position successfully, employee must perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. These functions are representative, but not all-inclusive, of what is necessary to succeed in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions.
- Take off plumbing / piping systems, equipment and materials with estimating software, to develop estimated labor and material costs
- Review and understand plans and specifications.
- Review documents and identify project bid requirements, scope of work, critical schedule and sequences, non-standard work conditions, cost impacts, material and equipment data, safety and compliance requirements, risk management and special requirements.
- Will be trained on internal software used to estimate projects.
- Prepare proposal and/or bid submittal documents for plan and spec projects.
- Prepare Design / Build plumbing drawings
- Facilitate hand off of project and estimate information to a Project Manager.
- Attend pre-bid meetings
- Work with contractors on yes bids to gather all information needed to move forward
- Assist project managers with change orders and other budget changes
- Strong organizations skills; able to manage multiple responsibilities and utilize time effectively to meet deadlines
- Works well as part of a team and on self-managed projects with little or no supervision
- Willing to take direction in a positive and professional manner
- Attention to detail and meticulous follow through; experience in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Individual with a professional demeanor that seeks excellence in job performance
- Ability to work well with internal and external customers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree and/or equivalent work experience in related field (i.e. Estimating, Project Management, Construction Management)
- Working knowledge of computers, MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and internet resources
- Ability to quickly learn new software programs
- Plumbing experience preferred but not required
- Prior estimating experience in mechanical contracting preferred but not required
- Prior experience with Estimation Software preferred but not required
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
(The physical demands described are representative, but not all inclusive, of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, employee will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, reports and files. Employee will be constantly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, see and type/write. Employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision and will involve visual scanning between computer screen and data/documentation.
The performance of this position may include exposure to shop and/or job-site construction conditions. This may include exposure to environments with various machines and equipment, requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, hearing protection and other safety gear. While on or near work sites, employee may be required to walk, stand, climb (ladders), see, hear and talk. Quick visual and physical responses to changing work site conditions are necessary.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level or difficulty.
DIVERSITY / EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to enhancing the diversity of our people, ideas and talents. We welcome all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or age. Applications from members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.