POSITION SUMMARY: The Production Administrator is someone that provides operational and administrative support primarily to the production and safety departments, while also having cross functional responsibilities in areas such as operations and human resources. The person in this position will perform a variety of clerical and administrative tasks involved in operating a versatile team within the mechanical and industrial industries.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this position successfully, the following responsibilities must be performed satisfactorily. These functions are representative, but not all-inclusive, of what is necessary to succeed in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions. The following responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Take meeting notes and type up minutes to share with participants
- Assist with weekly production schedule
- Use the Jonas software system to generate Labor Variance Reports, Purchase Orders and other items as requested
- Weekly Time Cards – print and review for accuracy per the union contract
- Responsible for making field time users active/inactive
- Materials Vending Machines – work with vendors to ensure sufficient stock
- Coordinate random drug testing process – coordinate paperwork and ensure employees take drugs tests on time and at the correct locations
- Union Term Notices – complete, scan and email notices to union halls and internal departments
- Weld Certifications – update continuity reports and send to local union
- Weekly Variance Reports – monitor and bookmark
- Charge-outs – inventory material, track waste
- Continue staffing reception desk
- Order production apparel for employees
- Maintain accurate production records
- Assist with recruitment of pre-apprentices (review resumes for qualifications per training from HR Manager, coordinate interviews with HR, schedule new hires, attend career fairs as needed, etc)
- Perform any special assignments, additional projects, or other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position as required
- Safety specific tasks include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate FOCUS (safety newsletter) – track articles, enter into Publisher template, upload to portal
- Coordinate weekly tool box talks with Safety Director (upload to portal, track participants)
- Coordinate and assist with Annual Safety Days
- Coordinate safety training records (scans, uploads, reports from Jonas)
- Coordinate PPE – order, inventory & distribute
- Under direction of safety director, type updates to the safety programs as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High School diploma or GED Equivalent
- Prior experience in mechanical, industrial or construction industry preferred
- Good analytical, mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of computers, email, spreadsheets and internet resources – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of good safety practices a plus
- Above average interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Proven track record of excellent attendance
- Self-motivated and ambitious – will offer assistance without being asked
- Enthusiastic, strong character and team player!
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described are representative, but not all inclusive, of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While perfrming the duties of this job, employee will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, reports and files. Employee will be constantly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, see and type/write. Employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision and will involve visual scanning between computer screen and data/documentation.
The performance of this position may include exposure to shop and/or job-site construction conditions. This may include exposure to environments with various machines and equipment, requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, hearing protection and other safety gear. While on or near work sites, employee may be required to walk, stand, climb (ladders), see, hear and talk. Quick visual and physical responses to changing work site conditions are necessary.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level or difficulty.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Hourly, Non-Exempt
WAGE RATE: Competitive, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
BENEFITS: Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 401k plan; Health Savings Account; Paid Vacation & PTO; Paid Holidays.
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter & resume to Jamee Schleis at [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.