HERE’S HOW YOU WILL MAKE AN IMPACT:
With your knowledge of the Mechanical Trades, you will oversee mechanical and construction projects from conception to completion. You will be able to develop solutions for HMI customers related to their mechanical, piping and/or HVAC problems and must give instructions to staff on how to implement those solutions. Project manager will be responsible for keeping all projects on-time, and on budget. To be successful in this role you must be able to develop and manage mechanical construction projects through effective communication, client relations, negotiation, scheduling, tracking, document control, and forecasting of costs and profitability. This position would be located out of our office in Weston, WI.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WE WILL TRUST YOU WITH:
• Engage with the engineering and production teams throughout the project, coordinating and assisting in the development of project requirements, statements of work, drawings, cost estimates, Requests For Information, technical evaluations, and other project related documents as required by the contract.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining project schedules; coordinating design reviews, negotiation and award of assigned projects.
• Serve as the design and construction liaison with the owners as required.
• Ensure projects meet validated requirements.
• Track and manage budgets for assigned projects.
• Ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
• Manage costs, billings and collections. Complete project billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintain profitability goals and positive cash flow.
• Maintain current project data for assigned projects and prepares project status reports as needed.
• Manage projects during construction, coordinating and directing subcontractors, inspectors, and contract office personnel.
• Attend all project-related construction meetings.
• Assist in solving problems that arise during construction, and the preparation of contract related documents required during construction such as responses to Requests for Information and Change Orders.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
• Degree in construction management, project management, business, engineering or related field OR equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years of project management experience related to construction, mechanical contracting and/or design.
• Previous field experience will be valuable but not required
• Skill in working with construction documents related to mechanical and piping systems (drawings, dimensions and technical specifications)
• Excellent technical knowledge – Able to “talk the talk” and “walk the walk” in the mechanical contracting industry.
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
• Physical ability to access construction job sites, including some climbing, crawling or other body movements necessary to inspect HVAC systems, with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – a sense of diplomacy, ability to build trust and rapport, and ability to lead people in such a way that they want to partner with you.
Let us work with you on a compensation package that makes you feel valued! We will offer you a competitive compensation package to include market driven salary plus health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance. Also includes vacation, PTO and holiday pay. 401k plan and Discretionary Bonuses. Monthly vehicle allowance.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email cover letter and resume to Kelly Winters at [email protected]