The scope of this job is to design new or replacement mechanical systems specific to customer needs and building specifications. This is a customer facing position where you will perform and coordinate system design for installation by our project management and field construction teams.
- Design HVAC and piping systems with direct customer input
- Follow current building codes and related ordinances such as ASHRAE.
- Obtain project estimates from the estimation staff and approve job price to include profit margin.
- Prepare and present a proposal letter including the project description, scope of Hurckman Mechanical performance, assumptions and estimated cost to customer. Follow-up and obtain customer commitment.
- Provide all engineering documentation for turnover to project management staff for implementation of all projects sold. Documentation to include drawings, P & ID’s, engineering calculations, equipment selections, installation details, bid summary and contract documents.
- Evaluate building systems and provide input regarding the upgrade or enhancements necessary to achieve client objectives
- Communicate tactfully and effectively with team members and customers to provide knowledge of design intent and resolve design conflicts during construction.
- Provide trade specific system design including layout, calculations, specifications, system narratives and related design services.
- Work with production manager who will determine manpower requirements
- Use computers/computer software such as information management systems, scheduling programs, spreadsheets, and project tracking programs to solve engineering problems and facilitate work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering AND/OR equivalent education and work experience
- 7+ years of experience required in the MEP field
- HVAC product and systems knowledge is required
- Knowledge of LEED principals; LEED AP highly preferred.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant and cooperative temperament with internal and external customers
- Seasoned negotiation skills
- Versed in various computer software, including ability to use the Windows operating system and common office software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat a plus but not required.
- Physical ability to access job sites including some climbing, crawling, walking, kneeling and other necessary movements required to inspect systems, with or without reasonable accommodations.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee will be constantly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, hear, and type/write. Employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision and will involve visual scanning between computer screen and data/documentation.
The performance of this position will require exposure to various construction and job-site areas which requires use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses (and other safety gear). While on or near work sites, employee will be required to walk, stand, climb (ladders), lift and carry materials up to 45 pounds. Quick visual and physical responses to changing work site conditions are necessary.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email cover letter and resume to Kelly Winters at [email protected]