The Technical Services Division Manager will be responsible for managing the entire service operation including sales, work assignments, personnel, standards of performance and work output to ensure customer satisfaction. This is a technical management position with direct responsibility for growth and business development. The Technical Services Division Manager will be expected to manage HVAC Commercial and Industrial customer relationships with Hurckman Mechanical Industries and represent the Company in accordance with its policies.
To be successful in this critical role the service manager must be able to develop and manage people through effective communication, client relations, negotiation, scheduling, tracking, document control, and forecasting of costs and profitability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
To perform this position successfully, the following responsibilities must be performed satisfactorily. These functions are representative, but not all-inclusive, of what is necessary to succeed in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions. The following responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage service department employees.
- Provide annual job performance reviews on assigned employees.
- Maintain current market base while building on and developing a growing market for service work.
- Manage service department budget and meet department budget goals.
- Develop annual plan for the service department.
- Manage the sales process of customer contact, presentation, quoting, order-taking, sales follow through, customer follow up after the sale, documentation, reporting and communication.
- Coordinate the customer relationship with the sales team by matching the appropriate team member(s) with the customer’s key personnel. Mix the full resource of the company and its suppliers to maximize the customer relationship potential.
- Maintain a professional level of personal growth and education in the products and services provided by the company.
- Maintain accurate customer documentation and communicate the customer status and concerns with team members.
- Provide temperature control takeoffs and support as needed to estimating and engineering departments.
- Provide customer(s) with Add On and Replacement HVAC/R quotations to meet customer needs.
- Provide customers with Peak Performance Maintenance Agreements.
- Review service sales quotations for accuracy and technical support to enhance service sales.
- Provide technical support to project management team members and engineering department.
- Provide HVAC owner training on new construction projects.
- Annually review customer contracts and provide updated pricing.
- Attend meetings to provide operational insight and value (Production, Sales, Pre/Post Jobs, etc.).
- Manage projects to ensure both positive workflow and meeting budget.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Keep current and up-to-date with computer software updates.
- Participate in company training programs and attend authorized external conferences or seminars as required to keep current in company and industry standards and operating procedures.
- Perform any special assignments, additional projects, or other job-related duties as may be necessary to carry out the responsibilities of this position as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Basic business process and procedures.
- Construction industry policies and practices.
- Project Management processes, practices and procedures (such as project start up, equipment specifications, project scope, schedules, labor tracking, change order preparation).
- Basic construction accounting (job costing).
- Construction documents related to mechanical and piping systems installation (drawings, dimensions, technical specifications).
- Logical problem solving.
- Reading and interpreting data from various resources (scope of work, master schedule/critical path, drawings, submittals, change orders) and applying them to the project.
- Checking drawings and other documents in order to identify appropriate action (i.e. Change over, RFI, etc.).
- Communication (written, oral, electronic; tact, diplomacy, and influence).
- Interacting effectively and building relationships with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Writing correspondence and presenting information professionally in one-on-one and group settings.
- Using various computer software, including ability to use the Windows operating system as well as common office software such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Interpret contracts to HMI’s contract requirements and GC’s, vendors, subcontractors, etc. (i.e. scope of work).
- Have and create a sense of urgency with others to get work accomplished on time, within budget, safely and with quality.
- Analyze problems and develop appropriate solutions.
- Produce quality work with minimal errors.
- Organize multiple functions and attend to details.
- Plan, prioritize and organize work and coordinate the work of engineering and production disciplines to meet deadlines.
- Deal effectively with a variety of people in a professional and courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Contain costs in handling of projects.
- Be a self-starter who is motivated and able to work effectively on his/her own.
- Learn to apply new technology as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in business or project management related field and/or equivalent combination of field experience and education.
- Project management experience and knowledge of construction, design, finance and management.
- Estimating, budgeting and scheduling experience.
- Temperature Controls (BAS & Conventional) experience and controls estimating.
- Refrigeration experience, education and or basic knowledge.
- Basic engineering calculations/formula’s i.e. Duct Sizing, Gas, BTU, Ventilation rates, etc.
(The physical demands described are representative, but not all inclusive, of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, employee will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, reports and files. Employee will be constantly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, see and type/write. Employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision and will involve visual scanning between computer screen and data/documentation.
The performance of this position may include exposure to shop and/or job-site construction conditions. This may include exposure to environments with various machines and equipment, requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, hearing protection and other safety gear. While on or near work sites, employee may be required to walk, stand, climb (ladders), see, hear and talk. Quick visual and physical responses to changing work site conditions are necessary.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level or difficulty.
Full-Time Salary, Exempt
Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 401k plan; Health Savings Account; Paid Vacation & PTO; Paid Holidays.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email cover letter & resume to Jamee Schleis at [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.