POSITION SUMMARY: Physical job assisting in various functions that keep materials moving in and out of the warehouse as well as maintaining inventory.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this position successfully, the following responsibilities must be performed satisfactorily. These functions are representative, but not all-inclusive, of what is necessary to succeed in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions. The following responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Load & unload trucks
- Tie down loads onto trucks and trailers
- Unpack, examine and route incoming shipments
- Move materials and supplies using proper ergonomics
- Pack boxes and help prepare deliveries
- Stack pallets
- Organize inventory
- General housekeeping including sweeping floors, cleaning out trucks, taking out the trash, etc.
- Running paperwork and materials
- Perform work from ladders and mechanical lifts
- Follow all safety rules and regulations without exception
- Lift items that weigh anywhere between 15-50 pounds with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Safely drive and operate company pickup truck with a trailer attached
- Safely operate company vehicles on public roads while following all driving laws and regulations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be at least 18 years of age unless hired as a Youth Apprentice
- Prior experience in shipping and/or receiving helpful
- Excellent attendance and punctuality required
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record (insurable) if driving HMI vehicles
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Working as a team, adapting to changing work priorities, and working with constant interruptions
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Able to meet the physical demands of the job as indicated below
DRIVING RECORD REQUIREMENTS FOR INSURANCE PURPOSES:
Last 3 years – any major violation may fail the driver
Age 21-25 – 2 minors or 2 accidents generally fail the driver
26 and over – 3 minors or 2 accidents generally fail the driver
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Must be able to: Stand and walk for long periods of time during a regular work day; use arms and hands to reach for, handle and manipulate objects; lift and carry materials up to 50 pounds unassisted; climb up and down ladders; carry tools and equipment; work while in stooped, kneeling, crouched, and crawling positions; be able to see naturally or with correction, to safely perform designated tasks.
Environmental conditions may include areas where toxic or caustics chemicals or fumes are in use or being stored; HMI provides safety and respiratory gear for these circumstances. Noise intensity level can be high, where HMI provides hearing protection; Close proximity to moving mechanical parts when in or near shops; May be required to operate or work around powder-actuated hand tools. Employee will need to exhibit quick visual and physical responses as necessary. Vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision and will involve visual scanning between computer screen and data/documentation.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Hourly, Non-Exempt
BENEFITS: Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 401k plan; Health Savings Account; Paid Vacation & PTO; Paid Holidays; Discretionary Bonus Plan.
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter & resume to Jamee Schleis at [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
rientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.