POSITION SUMMARY: Using your computer skills and physical aptitude, you will assist with various functions that keep materials moving in and out of the warehouse as well as maintaining inventory.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this position successfully, the following responsibilities must be performed satisfactorily. These functions are representative, but not all-inclusive, of what is necessary to succeed in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential job functions. The following responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Load & Unload trucks using mechanical lifts as needed
- Unpack, examine and route incoming shipments
- Move materials and supplies using proper ergonomics
- Pack boxes and help prepare deliveries
- Stack pallets
- Use computer systems including Microsoft and our internal software
- Organize inventory
- General housekeeping including sweeping floors, cleaning out trucks, taking out the trash, etc.
- Running paperwork and materials between buildings
- Perform work from ladders and mechanical lifts
- Follow all safety rules and regulations without exception
- Lift items that weigh anywhere between 15-50 pounds with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Safely operate company vehicles on public roads while following all driving laws and regulations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a Valid Driver’s License
- A valid driver’s license and good driving record (insurable) if driving HMI vehicles
- Willing and able to obtain Passenger Endorsement (preferred but not required)
- Prior experience in shipping and/or receiving helpful
- Prior forklift experience helpful
- Excellent attendance and punctuality required
- Good understanding of computers and common software programs (MS Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Working as a team, adapting to changing work priorities, and working with constant interruptions
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. unassisted
- Able to meet the physical demands of the job as indicated below
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described are representative, but not all inclusive, of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
While performing the duties of this job, employee will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, reports and files. Employee will be constantly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, see and type/write. Employee must occasionally bend or squat and lift and/or push up to 10 pounds of general office items. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision and will involve visual scanning between computer screen and data/documentation.
The performance of this position may include exposure to shop and/or job-site construction conditions. This may include exposure to environments with various machines and equipment, requiring the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, hearing protection and other safety gear. While on or near work sites, employee may be required to walk, stand, climb (ladders), see, hear and talk. Quick visual and physical responses to changing work site conditions are necessary.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level or difficulty.
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Hourly, Non-Exempt
WAGE RATE: Competitive, negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
BENEFITS: Full benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; 401k plan; Health Savings Account; Paid Vacation & PTO; Paid Holidays.
HOW TO APPLY: Email cover letter & resume to Jamee Schleis at [email protected].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.